05 September 2006

Instructions Manual's Part 2

So, yes, I went to the second half of my sewing class this past Saturday. And yes, Satin was there. Part of me felt a bit guilty for snapping a few pictures telling they boys that I just love taking pictures. I couldn't bear to tell them that I was posting them on my blog so that my crafty friends could pick out Satin. Is that wrong?

The class went better than the first one. Satin was practicing all week and attempted a try at sewing a purse. I was going to take a pict of that but figured that was crossing the line... Quilting guy showed up, he was my favorite. He was really a nice guy. The instructor was nice and I did learn a thing or two but I don't think I'll take another class from her.

We ended up making two projects: A "plastic bag dispenser" and a pillow case. My dispenser is nice, I just don't see the need for one. I just use another plastic bag. This may end up being a christmas present for mom... hee hee. Here's a pict of the pillow case. I picked out the pattern with my son in mind. Thankfully he likes it. Notice the oh so fancy ohh la la french seam.


double click for better picture

And for your view pleasure: (which one is Satin?)


9 Comments:

Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

The pillow looks great!
You could probably teach this class, Tami!!

11:14 AM  
Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

the top one?

12:52 PM  
Blogger The Absent Minded Housewife said...

The one in the wifebeater...

Wait, there are two in wifebeaters.

One of the two in wifebeaters. Ha!

1:00 PM  
Blogger The Absent Minded Housewife said...

The one in the wifebeater...

Wait, there are two in wifebeaters.

One of the two in wifebeaters. Ha!

1:00 PM  
Blogger carlita dee said...

He's got to be the guy on top. Yes?

Ellen's right. You should come with Natalie and me and make yourself a fancy skirt or a pair of slacks or something.

5:46 PM  
Blogger tk said...

Ha ha... fooled you all! He's the one in the pink polo shirt. If you look closely you can see the "purse" he made.

Thanks Ellen and Sappmama.

6:47 PM  
Blogger Laurie Ann said...

His real name is probably Stan, and some dyslexic magazine subscription label gave him the idea for Satin. He's about the most milquetoast looking queen I've ever seen...and I've seen plenty.

1:31 PM  
Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

Sounds like a rip-roaring good time. I need to take a sewing class too...

5:02 PM  
Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

i love your profile pic. have i told you that?

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home