02 August 2006

Rants

So, I walk into the ole pharmacy during my lunch break for some feminine essentials, otherwise known as TAMPONS. (For the reminder of this post TAMPONS will be in caps, just so you all can understand my angst). So i have to walk to the last aisle and hidden on the bottom shelf are 3 choices of TAMPONS. I make my choice and head to the counter to pay for my little box o' TAMPONS. The lovely young lady behind the counter rings me up, takes my money and place my purchase in a plastic bag, but she doesn't give me the bag. Instead she asks if I prefer a brown paper bag... Why? I ask. She doesn't speak (as god as forbidden the young to say TAMPON). And then she proceeds to tap, tap, tap on the box in the plastic bag. Huh? Why? Because I'M ON MY PERIOD???? I ask. She looks at me as if i just swore at the holy mother. I sweetly take my bag while laughing and proceed back to my office.

Here's my rant.... I've experienced this before... and for some reason i became a bit obsessive about this for a brief moment after I left the store, so much so, I had to share my experience with you. I'm not exactly sure why we women have to whisper, have to hide the fact that WE ARE NORMAL, HEALTHY WOMEN. Without the TAMPONS.. well... we won't go there.. but it would be really messy. Its just blood, its normal, its mother natures self cleaning system and it lets us know that we can still give the gift of life. I'm not saying we should shout it from the roof tops or announce "aunt flow is visiting" on a t-shirt, but HELLO... its really no big deal...

So, next time you have to make that purchase.. go to the store, find a pre-pubescent male and proudly ask: Can you show me where the TAMPONS are? And just watch him squirm...

5 Comments:

Blogger Sachi said...

LMAO!!! You're so good for society.

In truth, she probably has been trained to offer paper bags for things such as adult diapers, condums and tampons. The poor girl hasn't even lived enough life to discover how wonderful it is to be a woman.

7:19 PM  
Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

I'm with ya girlfriend. Be at one with your menses!

10:47 AM  
Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

wonderful to be a woman?

what a crystal-dangling, batik-wearing, change-my-name-to-goddess pangaea moon sort of thing to say.

sachi is a dirty hippie! ahahahahaha!

next they'll be pushing us to order our TAMPONS at home for delivery in unparked packages.

3:31 PM  
Blogger Sachi said...

*snork* I'm glad I didn't wear my tie-dye top (which I wear without a bra) lastnight. I don't yet own Birks but I will soon. Next I'll be hacking up my old jeans for cut-offs.

3:43 PM  
Blogger Sachi said...

Psst... I found this online and thought it might help you and Lori. It's an article written by my pal Janel. Feel free to delete the comment after you've taken a look. Spindlicity article

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home