22 August 2006

Happy Birthday Leo's




Happy Birthday Evan!

This is my baby. I don't think I can call him my baby anymore. As of yesterday, my baby, my son, Evan, officially became a teenager! Yes can you believe at the young age of 24, I am the mother of a 13 year old male. (ok, ok.. i'm not 24, more on my age later). Just look at him! 13! Hormones, mustaches, and girls! OH MY! I don't know if I'm ready. Really. This is scary. With hormones come attitude, with mustaches I have to give him more bathroom time and with girls, well, that would just mean more hormones calling my house! Haven't scientist found the cure for the common teenager yet?

In all honesty I have to say, I am a bit scared but I'm also proud. I would not trade him for the world. As hard as it was when I was young and trying to survive with a baby, It was hard, really hard and you know what... I have no regrets. I have an amazing young man who I am lucky enough to call my son. Happy Birthday Evan. I love you.

Happy Birthday Leo (part 2)

Saying I'm the mother of a 13 year old is hard. But to tell you that I just turned 36 is easy! I love my birthday. I love the presents and cards and cake (and more cake). (does that make me vain?) I love 1 whole day being all about me. Its almost like a get out of jail free card. I can do whatever I want because ITS MY BIRTHDAY! I had one of the best weekends!

Friday: I made my favorite chocolate chip cheesecake. This, I will admit, is usually only shared with a minimum amount of people and then I eat the rest. I kid you not. I have been known to keep this cheesecake in my fridge with a fork in the cake so all I have to do is open the door, pull out the cake take a bite and put it back in for later. This year I took the oh so yummy cheese cake to work to share with friends (there is a whole other story around this that I will share later). Thank goodness I only had two pieces, the rest was devoured my office mates. I so wanted more but my pants were telling me to share or go shopping for bigger clothes.

Friday night: I was set to be alone with a movie and sandwich when I was surprised by my neighbor with a raspberry Danish with candles for me to blow out... Thanks Miranda and Indy. (please don't ever move)

Saturday: Oh Saturday! First I got up to help friends tape a tv pilot. I got to be the soundguy. Not sure how good I did, but it was fun. This used a living room with wall to wall bookcases: (this is only have the wall)



Promptly at 12:15 I left the taping to head home to grab my yarn bag and then to meet Lori and head to the Fiber and Bead Fest in Santa Monica. Half an hour and two buses later, there we were. Oh I swear I heard angels singing. Yarn in every stage, Beads, Fabric and even antique buttons. No kids, no significant others asking "are you done yet?" We had all day! It was great. Heres a few picts:



Did you notice my spindle?? Read all about mine and Lori's spindle purchases in Sachi's blog. She is quite the pusher! I soooo addicted! After a day of shopping and a quickie spinning lesson (thanks Sachi) it was back to the bus. Another 1/2 on the bus and a 1/2 hour walk back to West Hollywood, Lori and I had dinner at Panini on Santa Monica Blvd. I don't think I got home until around 9:00. and yes, I did spin some before i passed out!

Sunday, Maria and I finally spent sometime together: Lunch at Chin Chin on Sunset, laying in the grass at Echo park and a Thai massage, my weekend was complete! Thanks Everyone.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sachi said...

Am not! It's not like that fiber jumped off the shelves and into your hands.... ;-)

Happy b-day to you and your baby!

2:37 AM  
Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Wow! Tami! Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had a faboo weekend!

11:15 AM  
Blogger Laurie Ann said...

Happy Birthday Tami. You don't look a day over 24.

12:30 PM  
Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

Happy Birthday girlie! We can be 24 together.

I cannot believe we missed you guys on Saturday! We were there for a gazillion hours.

5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NO FAIR! I miss SnB for a few weeks (okay, months), and I miss the Santa Monica Fiber Fest?? Again??

Hmph.

Happy birthday anyway!

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home