21 June 2006

She's Back

At the urging of my fans (Lori). I'm BACK! Yes, yes, I know how you have all missed me so. Just stop with the emails already will ya! Can you believe the last time I posted was in February!! Let me take this time to honestly say, I love the idea of a blog. At least my initial idea of having a blog... a way to keep in touch with family back in Ohio, a place to post pictures of my knitting projects (to bore my family back in Ohio), and a place to vent (to get me in trouble with the folks back in Ohio). So lately I've resorted to a journal, a journal that is hidden well. Not that anything horrible is in it. But we all need to vent every now and then, don't we.

So here I am. What was that you ask? What have I been up to? mmm.. heres the short list:

New job: So after 5 1/2 years in the ol' Medical Genetics Institute as a decently paid, overly stressed glorified gopher. I've QUIT! Yes, I've set myself free. Two weeks later, in a new department where I get to say Penis too many times a day... i'm bored... I am soooo bored. Its like putting a crack addict in a convent. Oh sure the nuns are nice enough, but i'm sleeping with my eyes open. Oh... "What to do, What to do" (as Nimtaj would say)

Therapy: A girl could always use a complete stranger to pour her soul out to (and not have to buy dinner)

Found My Hidden Musical Talent: Ok, maybe not. So, Evan was given a beautiful guitar for christmas a few years ago.. and for the past year or so it has turned into a giant dust magnet. After a visit to Sam Ash Music for a new string, Beginners guide, and gi-tar picks.. I am off and running, I mean strumming! It's been one week and I'm teaching myself (with a video guide) the notes on the first string. That would be the E string to you gi-tar playing folk.

Lance Armstrong I think not: So here's a pict of my new mode of transportation. One, I could stand to lose a pound or two (or ten). Two, gas prices are outrages... over 3.00!! Three, the environment. I work 1 mile from my home! 1 mile people.. there is no reason for me to get in my car spew exhaust just because my ass is comfortable in the car. And, four.. $$ $ i will save money is gas and $33 every month in parking fees at the hospital! And with the money I save.. hopefully, i will be purchasing new, and smaller clothes. ps.. i put the basket on myself.


Projects: I'm working on two things right now, One is a hodgepodge of a throw blanket! Ugly Cool huh? Lucky me, I belong to the "yarn of the month club" and every month I get some yummy samples of yarn sent to me.. Well a year later and those little baggies of yarn start to add up.. so, I put them all in a big bag, blindly grab one at a time and knit...the plan is knit a few 4 foot rows, attach and there ya go... One "hodgepodge of a throw blanket"!

And two... i'm working on this lovely lacy little wrap. This is my first real attempt at lace.. not too bad. Just don't look to close...


I promise to be back soon...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:44 PM  
Blogger Faith said...

Hooray! You're back!!!

That is some gorgeous lace!!!

8:07 AM  
Blogger Sachi said...

Aha! I found you! Did you check out the pics on Ellen's site? OMG how funny!!!!

6:54 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

Yeah!!!!! Good to see ya! I wanted so much to come to SnB on thursday but my evil boss made me work on this project at the very end of the day that HAD TO BE DONE before the trustees morning at 7am the next morning so I didn't get home until 7:45pm! Looks like you guys had a smashing time!

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home