04 December 2005

Is that you Grandma?


Honestly, granny squares are not my thing. I can appreciate the talent that goes into making them. And once, Ellen was kind enough to show me how to make one. But then... I saw a truly funky granny square scarf... that scarf has been haunting me for weeks. So a few days ago I googled (I love google) "granny square scarf" and found these beauties: I think they retailed for about $44. Each!

Are you sitting on the edge of your seat yet? ... I know you asking yourself "did she buy all 3?" Heck No! Yesterday, I conveniently found myself just blocks from the Stitch Cafe in Valley Village and as the yarn gods would have it... i found the perfect yarn in the best colors! It was fate. And the price.... even better... I can make one of these babies for $31



For the yarn connoisseurs out there.. i found Wool Gatto for $7.75 a skein (181 yards)
Of course I had to make it my own. I decided to use the pattern for the Floribunda square that i found in the untimate resource book " The Ultimate Sourcebook of Knitting and Crochet Stitches" .... what do you think?



Granny square... i think i love you....

3 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

Looks terrific. I love those colors...

12:25 AM  
Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Tami! Don't I always say that "Granny Squares are the building blocks to fashion"!!! You go, girl!!

10:22 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

I love that Reader's digest book. In fact, if it weren't bigamy, I'd marry it!

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home