11 December 2005

I'm Hungry!

For those of you who know me, you know that I love food. When I was younger, much younger, I was quite the picky eater. I am now making up for lost time. But last Wednesday something started brewing in my belly.... Something not right. I was invited to lunch with friends so, of course, I went. I had a very yummy steak sandwich. Even though I was only half way thru my sandwich and having been taught by my father to clean my plate, I had a few more bites. (thanks dad). The pressure in my stomach told me to stop... Later that night and all day thursday the pressure was still there. Friday morning, at exactly 9:01, I called my doctors and begged to come in. The lovely receptionist felt pity for me and scheduled me for 9:45.

The doctor asked me all the important questions: How much caffeine do you drink? How much chocolate? Does it hurt more when you lay down? And the best question of all... Could you be pregnant?! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, ha ha, ha.... "um No!" I laughed and told why there was no way I was pregnant, she seemed to understand. After peeing in a cup, and two tubes of blood, her nurse came back in to my room and told me " Your urine test is normal, you are not pregnant" Really, I said. Are you sure.... cause you know i was really sweating that one....

What could it be... the doctor is not sure.. Gas?? Acid?? Gallbadder? (not a fetus, whew!). So my doctor comes into my room and tells me... Let's put you on a clear liquid diet for the weekend and see what happens... WHAT! no coffee? no yogurt with granola? no chocolate? pasta? Was I a murderer in my past life? What the hell did I do in my previous live to deserve this treatment. No Food.. she doesn't understand. Does she know I was invited to Beth and Kathy's house for game night this weekend... does she know that there are going to be cookies there??

It is now Sunday morning. I am starving. I have lost 3 pounds in 2 days. I'm cranky and my apartment is a mess. The pills she gave me are not working. I am to lethargic to knit or crochet... I am trying really hard to stay on this "liquid diet" but i am having my coffee in the morning... if not i will get a migraine.. and I do not want a migraine and my stomach pain at the same time...

So, tomorrow morning at 9:01, I will be calling my doctors office yet again... wish me luck

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes! That totally sucks! Feel better! (and good thing there wasn't a fetus or you have people starting to come to your house and lighting candles 'n shit.)

10:14 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

Oh Tami, feel better!! Ew, liquid diet. Sounds almost as bad as that leek broth in the French Women Don't Get Fat book. Maybe all that pressure is your body making you a pretty diamond!--wouldn't that be nice.

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home